KANSAS CITY AND METH TOWN DOUBLE BANK ROBBERY & STANDOFF SATURDAY!!!
The Kansas City area seems desperate for cash this weekend.
Here's a look at today's local bank robbery spree and subsequent standoff reporting which might reveal that sometimes crime "spillover" splashes back.
"On 6-15-2013 at 12:27 pm officers were dispatched to the 5200 block of Marsh to assist Independence PD who were in pursuit of armed bank robbery suspects. Independence officers chased one of the suspects in to a house in the 5300 block of Byrums Ford Rd. When Kansas City officers arrived at the house an operation 100 was initiated. The operation 100 was called at 1:11 pm."
Fox4: Police surround home to arrest suspected bank robbers
- KCTV5: Separate bank robberies were reported in Independence and Kansas City. The Independence robbery led to a standoff in Kansas City.
- KSHB: Authorities are involved in a standoff with suspected Independence bank robbers.
- KMBC: A man wearing a cowboy hat robs a south Kansas City bank late Saturday morning.
- Newspaper: Two Kansas City-area banks have been robbed - "The FBI says robbers hit two banks in the Kansas City area earlier today. One robbery was at the Arvest Bank on Blue Ridge Boulevard in Kansas City and the other was at the Enterprise Bank on Valley View Parkway in Independence."
- KMBC: Kansas City police surround a residence in connection with a bank robbery in Independence Saturday afternoon.