TKC BREAKING NEWS!!! SCHOOL CHOICE RALLY COMING SOON TO KANSAS CITY!!!
Already this week in Jeff City the fate of Kansas City Public Schools has been the subject of intense fighting.
To wit . . .
NEXT WEEK THE FIGHT FOR SCHOOL CHOICE COME TO KANSAS CITY!!!
Take a look at SERIOUS local efforts aimed at taking apart the KCPS that might even be more effective than everybody getting mad at Kiki.
There’s no better way to start your week than with a party!
Join hundreds of students, teachers, parents, and neighbors in the beautiful Sprint Festival Plaza of Union Station in Kansas City as we commemorate National School Choice Week 2013. People of all ages are welcome! Join us as we celebrate the great schools of choice that are working for our children, and help us raise awareness of the need for even better educational options for all kids in Missouri.
Kansas City is one of 14 stops along the route of the National School Choice Week ‘Special,’ a cross-country, whistle-stop train tour supporting school choice.
National School Choice Week Event
Education is an important issue and nowhere more so than in Kansas City.
For decades, those with means have expressed school choice with their feet, moving across the state line or contributing to the city's thriving private school community. It is in recognition of this--and the need for greater parental choice that the Show-Me Institute has partnered with National School Choice Week.
Where: Sprint Festival Plaza at Union Station
When: Monday, January 28 from 4:30PM to 6:30PM
· James Shuls, Show-Me Institute
· Vonelle Middleton, CEO, Hope Academy Charter School of Kansas City
· Douglas Thaman, Executive Director, Missouri Charter Public Schools Association
· Joe Trippi, FOX News Contributor and Democratic Strategist
· Lisa Graham Keegan, Education Reform Pioneer
· Lisa Snell, Education Director, Reason Foundation
· Andrew Campanella, National School Choice Week President
More info: schoolchoiceweek.com/kc