KANSAS DEMOCRATIC PARTY AGAINST GOV. SAM BROWNBACK BY THE NUMBERS!!!
Take a good look at Kansas Democratic Opposition to Kansas Gov. Brownback using some rather informative economic numbers . . . To fact Check a recent speech by Gov. Brownback that was mostly focused on incentives and tax cuts for the rich.
From The Kansas Democratic Newswire Tumblr . . .
Governor Brownback is doing his damnedest to make Kansas more like Texas: more regressive, worse schools, more poverty, and less worker protections. You can find some disturbing facts about the state of Texas below:
- 27% of Texas children live in poverty, ranking Texas 42nd nationally.
- 18.5% of all Texans live below the poverty line, good for 40th nationally.
- 24% of Texas’s population is uninsured, the highest rate in the nation.
- Texas also leads the nation in uninsured children with 17% of Texas children having no insurance. In Kansas, only 8% of children are uninsured.
- 9.5% of TX workers make minimum wage and receive no medical benefits, making Texas the state with the most workers at earning minimum wage.
- 28% of Texas 4th graders read at or above a proficient level 39th nationally. In contrast, 36% of Kansas 4th graders read proficiently or better, good for 12th best nationally.
- Texas has the 7th most regressive tax system, taking over 12% of the bottom 20% income while only receiving 3% of the wealthiest 1% income.
Via KS Democratic Newswire Tumblr.