TKC TOP 5 FACT CHECK: DON'T BELIEVE THE KANSAS CITY ECONOMIC HYPE!!!
Here's a bit of Kansas City biz propaganda on blast . . .
The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce’s economic forecast estimates the area economy could grow about half a percentage point faster than the nation’s gross domestic product in 2013 and 2014.
Sadly, this study mostly seems to be based on faux numbers, hope and tax credits but let's indulge the sentiment for just a moment.
To wit . . .
CHECK OUT THE TOP 5 REASONS WHY WE DON'T BELIEVE THE KANSAS CITY ECONOMIC HYPE!!!
1. Most of the Downtown Kansas City Toy Train Streetcar cash is getting carried away to offshore bank accounts.
2. Next year pro-baseball isn't going to help fudge local economic numbers.
3. They forgot to factor in the cost of violent Plaza flash mobs.
4. Kansas City Northland really has more in common with St. Joe.
5. Most economists don't count rampant borrowing, taxing and spending from City Hall as a long-term viable financial benefit.
Still . . . The prediction sounds nice and something that local politicos will continue to tout.