KANSAS CITY TOY TRAIN STREETCAR SCHEME STARTS TODAY!!!
Here's the way Democracy died in Kansas City . . .
Ballot applications for streetcar vote due TODAY.
Just a few things to remember . . .
- THIS VOTE WAS STOLEN!!! A GERRYMANDERED DISTRICT WAS CREATED USING A MISSOURI TAX LOOPHOLE TO AVOID LOSING A CITY-WIDE ELECTION!!!
- There is still NOT ONE BUSINESS that has declared they're moving to Downtown Kansas City because of the upcoming streetcar.
- This isn't mass transit: The Toy Train only travels less than 2 mi which is less than a brisk walk.
- Politicos are selling the sizzle on this toy train . . . Alone, this EXPENSIVE effort won't cost much but there are clearly plans to keep throwing good money after bad for a train scheme that hasn't provided one bit of empirical evidence that it'll work.
- Kansas City Streetcar Toy Train Rides Won't Last Long. Expect The City To Start Charging Once It's Clear That They'll Be Losing Money Hand Over Fist For ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT SCHEME THAT'S NOT REALLY RELATED TO TRANSIT AT ALL!!!
Now, I'm exaggerating a bit with the "Democracy Is Dead In Kansas City" tag. While City Hall politicos have proven that they aren't accountable to voters. The reality is that (over the long term) so many people simply vote with their feet and have decided to leave this city for surrounding suburban areas with politicos who aren't as corrupt and beholden to special interests. Sadly, this effort to lure back suburbanites by railroading residents and taxpayers doesn't speak well of local civic interests.
DEVELOPING . . .