TKC PLAZA ART FAIR 2012 TOP FIVE!!!
The Plaza Art Fair starts today @ 5 in the PM so the good middle-class people of JoCo have something to do this weekend.
There are 240 Artists, 3 stages with mostly horrible music and of course the food is the main attraction that will OUT SELL THE ART ON DISPLAY BY FAR!!!
But, as always, The Plaza Art Fair is mostly about seeing and being seen.
To wit . . .
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS TKC TOP FIVE GUIDE TO THE KANSAS CITY COUNTRY CLUB PLAZA ART FAIR!!!
1. Basically, this is what a Plaza Flash Mob of white women age 40-64 looks like - There will be lots of wine and cackling and comfortable dresses with neutral patterns.
2. DO NOT ASK THE GUY IN THE OBAMA/BIDEN 2012 T-SHIRT FOR HIS OPINION ON ANYTHING!!! Let's just call him the roving MSNBC exhibit but his volume and (self)righteous indignation are intended to attract debate in an election that will mostly be determined by low voter turnout.
3. Avoid eye contact with artists who are continually surprised that they don't sell much to such a huge crowd. Again, this event has very little to do with art and even bothering to gawk at a few booths really sends the wrong message to artists that would be better off selling BBQ.
4. Beware Of Double-Wide Strollers - A common complaint among Plaza Art Fair denizens who don't like the creatively timed temper tantrums of rugrats lucky enough to be born in the middle.
5. The Plaza Art Fair Is No Longer As Classy As People Have Led Us To Believe - By around Sat. at around 4 there's a definite garbage smell in the air and the place is packed mostly with miserable people looking to either hook up or impress a few neighbors. This festival of mid-rage art was once a playground of local elite but nowadays looks more like a busy afternoon at Nebraska Furniture Mart . . . Blame the economy or Prez Obama or maybe even good promotion. This Kansas City Tradition is yet another reminder of this town's long gone glory days.