THE TKC WEEKLY POWER RANKINGS!!!
Jodie Marsh embodies the Olympic spirit . . . Similarly, these Kansas City POWER PLAYERS stay winning this week.
1. Sarah Steelman And Sarah Palin - A Kansas City Double Team featuring GOP women was a strong move that realizes most people don't know why they vote any particular way.
2. Mayor Sly James - The bully Mayor is about to get his way at the expense of Kansas City taxpayers.
3. Council Dude Russ Johnson - Kansas City's Next Mayor From The Northland.
4. Jackson County Legislator Theresa Garza Ruiz - She's asserting herself as a power broker quite nicely.
5. Council Dude Scott Taylor - Because we thought we were gonna make fun of this guy a lot more . . .
DeAnn Smith - Her stories @ KCTV5 have all of the horrible detail that other media outlets won't put on blast. While DeAnn is adorable . . . Sometimes journalism isn't pretty.
Greg Hall - He's doing great work on his blog that is a MUST READ for truly informed Kansas City sports fans.
Ivan Foley - The Top Newsman in The Northland.
John Landsberg - Kansas City's Gold Standard in local media news.
Tess K. - Still one of the most talented storytellers in all of KC.
KANSAS CITY BAD IDEAS
The Kansas City Streetcar Named Disaster - Maybe one of the worst ideas local politicos have every offered us . . . And they're ramming it through in a horrible fashion.
The Downtwn Taxpayer Funded Hotel - Tax breaks are one thing . . . The idea that KC is going into the hotel biz can only turn out horribly.
Eminent Domain on The Eastside - TKC BREAKING NEWS . . . They're foreclosing on people's homes in order to build a new police station. That's not the best way to build community cooperation.
Using TKC As Source Material For Your Propaganda - I've already heard about but haven't yet seen the VERY CONTROVERSIAL ANTI-JERMAINE REED flyer from Eggs & Enlightenment quoting TKC . . . It sounds silly and I'm not even sure if I'm quoted accurately. For the record, I think Jermaine is an okay guy and could one day have a great future in politics . . . He's already leaps and bounds ahead of most guys his age. Eastside or otherwise . . . Unless specifically stated . . . I'm not your damn campaign writer unless there are snack cake coupons sent to my e-mail account. Natch.
Bow Ties - Get it straight . . . The Pee-Wee Herman Look Does Not Play In Kansas City. End of discussion.
As always, this list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to local powerful people.