THE TKC WEEKLY POWER RANKINGS!!!
I pulled this classic photo of Heidi Klum and Evander Holyfield because it speaks to how this week went down.
There were all kinds of power plays in Kansas City this week . . . Here are the winners:
1. Airick L. West - Few people voted during this week's election but among those who did the influence of Kansas City, Missouri School Board member Mr. West was clear.
2. Crispin Rea - The Latino Community has waited 10 years for a candidate like Crispin to make it to the forefront of local education issues.
3. Jan Marcason - Kansas City now has 25 more years to ignore water infrastructure problems thanks to Sewer Jan.
4. Kit Bond - The namesake bridge is pretty much the best thing this town has going right now.
5. Craig Bland - President of The Freedom Inc. Board, picked a winning ticket to support that was not only integral in School Board Change but also a part of a slap in the face to Ajamu Webster, Linwood Tauheed and Mayor Funky.
1. Russ Ptacek - This news dude is chasing important stories and taking time to work and help the community.
2. Michael Bushnell - The Northeast News dude caused quite a stir by coming out against Congressman Cleaver and Obamacare.
3. Ivan Foley - He's doing good work out North.
4. Charles Ferruzza - I found out he has his own "effect" and the "Ferruzza Buble" is something that most local restaurateurs fear.
5. Erin Little - Did she pop yet? Her pregnancy is still getting a ridiculous amount of press considering how much space her stomach is taking up during the weather.
1. Bill Nigro - The Westport Impresario is trying to stop The Great Recession in Kansas City's Entertainment Industry all by himself.
2. Bill George - The advertising strategy of The K.C. Strip is his brainchild.
3. Thomas Hoenig - The Kansas City Fed President is making a bigger, more powerful name for himself by challenging mainstream financial wisdom or lack thereof.
4. Frank Perez - A Latino Power Play defending suspended Water Services Director Bernardo Garcia was surprisingly successful.
5. STRETCH - It seems that he has made a career out of confounding me with his popularity.
This list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to powerful local people, their moves and their relative worth as humans.