Kansas City Politicos Flex For The Locals: TKC Weekly Power Rankings!!!
There wasn't a Council Session this week but that doesn't mean this town was without political maneuvers and crafty power plays from of local politicos.
To wit . . .
CHECK OUT THIS WEEK'S KANSAS CITY POWER RANKINGS!!!
KANSAS CITY POLITICOS
1. County Executive Mike Sanders - He's a genius next to Mayor Funky and I guess that's good enough.
2. Chris Moreno - This Hardcore Missori Democrat has connections all over this town and they're reflected in the local discourse.
3. State Rep. Jason Kander - His endorsement alone was enough to spark a candidacy and garner media coverage.
4. KC Political Consultant Kim Carlos - She is still keeping her fingers in a lot of pies and that's pretty sweet.
5. Beth Gottstein - This Council Lady has found her groove and now she's back working for her constituents.
KANSAS CITY NEWSIES
1. DeAnn Smith - Did you see an interesting story this week on NBC Action News? It was probably hers.
2. Joyce Smith - For your information this lady knows way more than FYI stories.
3. Bill Grady - This Kansas City Radio Legend was all over the metro and beyond getting some of the latest breaking and harcore coverage in town.
4. Jack Harry - Officially ended all of the LJ talk and hand-wringing.
5. Eric Wesson - Most big Eastside stories start on his watch.
KANSAS CITY PERSONALITIES
1. Holly Starr - She's everywhere and her cross promotional work is quickly earning her more fans.
2. Barclay Martin - His concert at the outset of the week earned a ton of fans and even more notoriety. He continues to make a solid name for himself in KC and beyond.
3. Jason Sudeikis - The SNL dude is coming back in town to light the Plaza and maybe make all of Overland Park proud with his two half-way decent impersonations.
4. Gloria Squitiro - Maybe the most rewarding game of hide and seek this cowtown has ever played. Hint: She's still following the Mayor around in Brooiksie and most other public functions.
5. Wayne Godsey - Why the hell not? The opinion of this KMBC top dog shapes the news more than anybody else.
KANSAS CITY MAYORAL CANDIDATES
1. Mike Burke - This week belonged to the Northland candidate, his fund raising and noise for his run at Mayor..
2. Sly James - Nobody has as much money to run for Mayor and there's STILL something to be said for that.
3. Janice Ellis - So far she has achieved the most consistent campaign of anyone currently running for Mayor. Credit her Mayoral billboard still adorning Broadway for this serious bid.
4. Albert Riederer - With so many candidates, folks are still begging this guy to jump in the race.
5. Mark Forsythe - Brookside residents holding their nose at "Sewer Jan" Marcason are already working on a "Draft Mark" campaign.
There you have it . . . Congratulations to the winners and better luck next time to all of the bags who don't yet have what it takes to make the list.
TKC NOTE: These TKC power rankings were created using a patented, data-driven methodology that includes but is not limited to media coverage, field surveys and Internet search analysis. Natch.