BLACK FRIDAY TKC POWER RANKINGS!!!
This slightly abbreviated week still brought change and power plays to the Kansas City political and cultural scene. There is a lot to look at other than bikini photos of Zoe Saldaña.
So, let's get to it . . . Check out Kansas City's most powerful people:
1. The Concerned Clergy of Kansas City - White people didn't like what they had to say, but they elicited a response from EVERYONE nonetheless. That's a power that refuses to go unnoticed.
2. Terry Riley - The City Councilman rallied the base this week and begins to build more support that many politicos would like to admit.
3. Rosa James - This local NAACP leader and community volunteer is affiliated with Mayor Funky but powerful enough to take him to task as well.
4. Michael Fletcher - The lawyer is back in town and word is he is talking to EVERYBODY!!! While chatter continues to circulate regarding his possible challenge to Council Lady Sharon Sanders Brooks.
5. Gwen Grant and Clinton Adams - This Brother and Sister duo are doing their very best to play both sides of the fence on issues related to Funky and the P&L District. So far it looks like they are succeeding.
1. Micheal Mahoney - This newsie seems to like being on TV more than the holidays and he was on the scene for some of this week's most popular stories.
2. Chris Hernandez - He made his mark this week by putting questions to some of the most powerful people in Kansas City.
3. DeAnn Smith - Behind the scenes, she's responsible for some of the most interesting content on NBC Action News.
4. Ash-har Quraishi - Nobody wants to admit they watched the KCTV5 Investigative report regarding organized crime ripping off box stores . . . But we all did.
5. Charles Ferruzza - He's still hanging in there and in a world where EVERYONE is a foodie he manages to stay relevant.
1. Hearne Christopher Jr. - All of Kansas City cares about his social life, that must be a powerful position.
2. Will Gregory - Will's client list keeps growing and his rep as KC's top PR guy keeps increasing despite the best efforts of TKC.
3. Anthony Magliano - Quixotic has some interesting things coming up and the Artistic Director for this group keeps getting good mentions from the local media.
4. Bill Brownlee - This Writer, reporter blogger is just about everywhere in the local music scene and his reviews are now well sought after.
5. Mary Anne McNeish-Sharp - Her KC about.com blog is getting more influential to the social scene by the day and I've heard quite a few people rank it as a must read.
1. Mike Burke - The "Burke for Mayor" movement is swinging into full gear coming off a good fundraiser and some decent press and Internet postings.
2. Sly James - Sly is laying low but still taking LOTS of meetings and talking with just about everybody in Kansas City.
3. Mayor Funkhouser - Credit where it's due. He's doing a decent job convincing a few people he's got a shot the next time around.
4. Janice Ellis - She's still on Broadway and still in the game.
5. Al Riederer - If he runs, he wins.
These rankings were determined using precise, scientific data collection methods and a patented public opinion survey process based on mainstream media reporting, Internet content searches and community discussion research.