Tuesday, September 12, 2017
TKC TOLD YOU SO!!! KANSAS CITY NEW AIRPORT SINGLE-TERMINAL SUPPORT FADES AFTER BURNS & MAC CRASH & BURN!!! NOW IT'S TIME TO TALK ABOUT RENOVATION!!!
The so-called "hometown team" single-handedly destroyed the chances for a new Kansas City airport with a sketchy scheme to hijack the bidding process. That effort collapsed under the weight of its own arrogance and Mayor Sly's fumbling. Now there is little excitement as a November election approaches.
Examples . . .
- Defeated KC union dudes await the Burns & Mac challenge to the new bid in court which most insiders expect.
- The Kansas City Urban League and a coalition of minority leaders are now urging Council to reject the new bid and don't favor any of the plans for a new single-terminal.
- The consultant class and all their mean tweets for a #NewKCI have also gone silent. Jon Stephens is back to mostly attacking Prez Trump like the rest of the white Twitter.
And so . . .
RATHER THAN JUST ENJOY THIS TRAGIC END TO THE NEW AIRPORT BIDDING CIRCUS . . . LOCALS SHOULD PROBABLY START ASKING ABOUT AIRPORT RENOVATION OPTIONS!!!
Reality . . .
- Burns & Mac supporters aren't going away. They are taking this time to plot a legal strategy and angle for more local support.
- Edgemoor isn't prepared to launch a local campaign and, obviously, they're not getting much insider support.
- KC Residents continue to reject the idea that the new airport is a necessity and renovation could save Terminal A from the scuttling of the current administration, add more capacity and maybe improve the drab lighting that brings everybody down.
Either way . . .
It's clear that corporate and political egos are on their way to yet another FAILED attempt at a new airport . . . This time around, listening to voters might be a better strategy for local elected officials.
You decide . . .