Saturday, May 20, 2017
TKC SATURDAY NIGHT PLAYLIST!!! DESPERATELY SEEKING ALTERNATE ROUTE AWAY FROM MAYOR SLY'S CORRUPT NO-BID NEW KANSAS CITY AIRPORT SCHEME!!!
The Mayor's no-bid plan for Burns & Mac buddies has been met with skepticism from City Council, the biz community and voters.
With years to plan and develop . . . A rushed scheme is delayed in legal review and hurried effort now looks like a cheap sales tactic in retrospect.
A week after announcing his scheme with a sneak press event . . .
- Business have reached out to City Council to note their no-bid objections.
- Critics and tax fighters have identified glaring omissions and troubling aspects of the MOU i.e. Why should Kansas City settle for a smaller new airport when every month sets a new record for travelers????
- Council threatens to postpone the November election date.
- The Mayor thinks the airport is going to leave Kansas City if he doesn't get his way . . . WTF???
- The local murder count continues to spike whilst Mayor Sly pushed the agenda of corporate patrons.
And so . . .
TKC EXCLUSIVE: BEHIND THE SCENES KANSAS CITY LEADERS ARE ALREADY LOOKING FOR A NEW AIRPORT PLAN BETTER THAN THE BURNS & MAC NO-BID DEAL!!!
Transit activists and engineering firms who don't want to be left behind will soon present alternative ideas for airport redevelopment that don't involve KCMO handing over local control to an international conglomerate and could offer a more innovative design. Like it or not, in this way Mayor Sly's bully tactics have been successful at moving the discussion forward inasmuch as the airport is now an inevitable aspect of Kansas City's agenda in the immediate future.
And so . . .
Given that Mayor Sly's double take didn't work . . . It should be interesting to witness new plans rising from the ashes or an clumsy effort that crashed, burned but still seems to be inspiring change.
And all this has inspired our playlist tonight . . .
As always, thanks for reading this week and have