KCPD CHIEF FORTÉ CELEBRATES 5TH ANNIVERSARY: RATE HIS PERFORMANCE!!!
Given that most folks will be watching the Chiefs or running errands this afternoon . . . For those who aren't glued to the tube . . . Here's just a bit of public info and opinion EXCLUSIVE to our blog community.
Only a single tweet and not a any major news articles in Kansas City marked the occasion . . .
And so . . .
RATE THE PERFORMANCE OF KANSAS CITY CHIEF FORTÉ ON THIS VIOLENT 5TH ANNIVERSARY OF HIS TENURE!!!
Some considerations . . .
- Kansas City was recently ranked as one of the most violent cities in the nation.
- There is currently a Midtown/Westport/Plaza crime epidemic that most people don't dare try to confront.
- Amid the current budget cycle KCPD has taken cuts over rank & file objections.
- Colleagues and union officials recently criticized the Chief's comments on "unreasonable fear of Black men" which led to days of local police turmoil.
- Both national and local media give the KCPD Chief credit for preventing local rioting and civic unrest while many cities have been mired in protest along with anti-police sentiment.
What's more important than all of this is how residents and voters consider the Chief . . .
So, while most of Kansas City is paying attention to fun and games . . . Let's take a look at the record of this top Kansas City law man.
You decide . . .