TKC MUST READ!!! KANSAS CITY LIGHT RAIL ACTIVIST CLAY CHASTAIN RAGES AGAINST PERSONAL INSULTS ON RUCKUS!!!
A passionate response to the recent public TV talk show where a controversial light rail plan was discussed but not given much consideration. Take a look:
Ruckus show blasts personal insults at Chastain, but fails to discuss details of light rail plan before voters.
Mike Shanin, host of Ruckus, is normally of sound, witty and fair mind. However, when it came to discussing details of the new light rail initiative (August 4 show), placed on the November 2016 KCMO ballot by 2,500 citizens of Kansas City, Missouri, why all he and his panelist wanted to do was clown around with the issue and hurl insults at Clay Chastain Steve Glorioso got top honors for demonstrating that if he had another brain or integrity, they would both be lonesome.
At the beginning of the show Mike did an outstanding job interviewing Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, who I thought did an excellent job defending the slew of unfair criticism he has been receiving, especially from Yael A. of the Kansas City Star. But then my name (and the light rail initiative i designed) came up and their brains vaporized as they began acting like children.
These white elitist acting pundits on Ruckus (and to some extent "Week in Review"), who have never designed anything, never built anything, never grown anything, never dug anything out of the ground, never gotten their pretty white hands dirty, nor have they ever added to the nation's GNP, nevertheless, act superior and like they know it all.
Here is a short list of the other biased media outlets in Kansas City who think they know it all too and are already taking sides by acting as if the KCMO light rail ballot question does not exist...
(1) Yael Aboulhaka and the editorial board of the KC Star have failed to write one word about the largest capital improvement project ever proposed on a ballot in the city's history, yet have written a mind numbing slew of articles against Kansas Governor Sam Brownback and an equal number in behalf of the city's 2.2-mile (semi-transit) streetcar line.
(2) Reporter Bill Grady, of KMBZ radio,said on public television's "Week in Review" that "Clay Chastain is just doing this to get his name on the project."
(3) Scott Parks, also of KMBZ radio, refuses to even return my phone calls concerning my request to be on his radio show to inform listeners of the light rail ballot question.
(4) Steve Kraske, of KCUR public radio, also refuses to allow me on his show to discuss the light rail ballot question.
(5) Brian Kaberline, editor of the Kansas City Business Journal, wrote an editorial suggesting I give it up and go home. Why doesn't Brian update that editorial and tell the 2,500 Kansas City voters (who signed the light rail petition too) to give it up and go home, as well.
(6) The Pitch... oh why bother everyone knows it isn't a fair and balanced newspaper
What are the bluebloods of Kansas City (who mostly live in Kansas) afraid of...that the people will vote for my transit plan and they will loose some of their control?
To the biased media referred to above:
The people of Kansas City (including me) initiated a light rail petition to place before voters because the city has no comprehensive plan to fix our pathetic public transit system, nor do they have a plan to revitalize our struggling city. Respect that fact, cover that plan, or get out of the business of journalism because not only are you betraying the public interest, you are also betraying the profession of journalism.
Clay Chastain...Degreed electrical engineer, Kansas City, Missouri registered voter and part-time resident, and leader of the people's light rail ballot initiative.