FEAR THE KANSAS CITY HEAT WARNING!!!
Kansas City temperatures are set to spike today and this town is under a heat advisory that starts @ around 1 in the PM and will last until almost Friday night.
Accordingly . . .
TKC WANTS TO HELP KANSAS CITY READERS KEEP COOL!!!
Right after this After this Mel D. wet t-shirt photo take a peek at City Hall advice to Kansas City residents when it comes to beating the heat . . .
- Use the City’s free resources: swimming pools, spraygrounds and cooling centers.
- Do not use a fan as your primary source of cooling. If your home does not have air conditioning, please go to a public building, such as a community center, every day for several hours.
- Check on your neighbors, friends and relatives at least twice a day (morning and night).
- Never leave children, pets or others alone in closed vehicles: within minutes, the temperature inside a car can reach over 140 degrees and this can kill within minutes.
- If you have to work outside or in a non-air-conditioned workplace, take frequent breaks, rest in the shade or cooler environment, and drink plenty of water.
- Avoid too much sunshine, and postpone outdoor activities and games.
- Avoid extreme temperature changes, such as a taking a cool shower immediately after coming inside from hot temperatures.
- Stay indoors as much as possible during the heat of the day in an air-conditioned environment.
- Dress for the weather: wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing; this type of clothing reflects heat and helps maintain normal body temperature. If you have to be outside, cover as much skin as possible to avoid sunburn. Protect your face and head with a wide-brimmed hat.
More in a bit . . .