TKC EXCLUSIVE!!! KANSAS CITY INSIDERS: MAYOR SLY POPULARITY SLIPPING!!!
Here's a quick and dirty summary of more than a few conversations with Kansas City Insiders who are having second thoughts about Mayor Sly's "charisma" that supposedly makes him invincible.
To wit . . .
KANSAS CITY INSIDERS CONTEND: MAYOR SLY JAMES ISN'T AS POPULAR AS HE USED TO BE AND HE COULD VERY WELL LOSE THE NEXT ELECTION!!!
Current opposition . . .
- Conservatives and Low-Tax advocates don't seem to find Mayor Sly that charming . . . Opposition for yet another round of Kansas City taxes proves as much.
- Brookside and Waldo may not stand by Mayor Sly given that he was DEFEATED in this enclave in a brawl over the Toy Train streetcar.
- The East Side . . . Luke warm support here @ best for a Mayor whose agenda is mostly eco-devo work for Downtown and corporate buddies. Remember that Former Councilman Alvin Brooks assumed he'd get East Side votes but the electorate simply was uninspired to go out and rally for the local legend.
- The Northland . . . Like it or not, The new airport fight has turned a great many people across the bridge against the Mayor.
- The Firefighters . . . This is likely the most important group of the bunch. Make no mistake, station closings and outsourcing have soured KCFD rank & file against Mayor Sly and that move in and of itself might draw MORE opponents . . .
Hopefully, for the morning, we'll have a bit more insight into how election season is already shaping up . . .
Developing . . .