TKC BREAKING AND EXCLUSIVE NEWS!!! DOX: KANSAS CITY AMBULANCE BILLING OUTSOURCING PETITION BLOCKS MAYOR SLY AND SEXY CINDY POWER PLAY!!!
Last night, we posted and talked breaking news about a petition to stop a controversial City Hall outsourcing power play from Mayor Sly and Mayor Pro Tem Cindy Circo.
Right now . . .
AWESOME TKC TIPSTERS PROVIDE OUR BLOG COMMUNITY WITH ALL OF THE DOX REGARDING A PETITION AND POWERFUL CHECK TO MAYOR SLY AND SESSY CINDY!!!
First: Only On TKC Take A Look At The Petition Circulating Through The Urban Core That Already Has At Least 400 Signatures And Enough Juice To Delay The KCFD Outsourcing Ordinance
And then . . .
ONLY ON TKC: HERE'S THE PETITION FACT SHEET WITH A GREAT DEAL OF DATA AIMED @ STOPPING KANSAS CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT OUTSOURCING!!!
Some money quotes from this group of community leaders behind this effort . . .
"Ambulance patients should not be put at risk for identity theft by contracting with a company that has experienced such a massive identity theft problem and then failed to fully disclose it."
"The city should not rely on empty promises by private companies to increase revenues when such companies refuse to put these projections in a legally binding contract. (In fact, the proposed contract would let Intermedix collect less than city employees are collecting now with no financial penalties whatsoever, and minimum collection requirements could actually go down in future years.)"
"The business practices of this company raise serious concerns, especially after it was revealed that the company recently hired the Chicago city official that had worked on extension of its contract with the city."
However, here's my favorite line from an architect of the petition . . .
"This deal is so bad that only a crook or a fool would buy into it. Maybe both."
Now . . . Here's why this is a big, bad deal for City Hall . . .
- This type of petition to block an ordinance is a relatively rare occurrence in Kansas City politics. Push back moves along these lines happened recently with airport petitioners and earlier with critics of a nasty Plaza office building . . . In both instances, community discontent powered the Mayor And Council to back down.
- The issue of medical privacy are an EASY SELL on Kansas City streets given recent headlines and fear of identity theft constantly in the headlines. Insiders tell us this group of only around half a dozen people were able to garner the initial signatures in about a day.
- Look for UNION SUPPORT AGAINST OUTSOURCING AND MORE IMPENDING CITY HALL PRIVATIZATION which looks to send a message to Kansas City politicos and their corporate patrons.
- A great deal of this conflict was sparked by the arrogance and stubbornness of Mayor Sly James given a quick dismissal of his opposition and knee-jerk reaction against political opponents. More often then not, we're seeing the Mayor lose his cool and end up in a political jam - Not a good look going into election season.
- Fun Fact, Members of Kansas City's Black Clergy have taken this to heart and seem to be taking this a struggle for social justice for many of their Local 500 members.
To wit . . .
THIS COULD BE A POWERFUL POLITICAL TIPPING POINT FOR KANSAS CITY BISHOP TONY CALDWELL WHO IS ONE OF THE LEAD PETITIONERS!!!
Moreover . . .
WHAT WE'RE SEEING NOW IS A KANSAS CITY UNION AND URBAN CORE UPRISING AGAINST THE CORPORATE POLITICS OF MAYOR SLY AND SESSY CINDY!!!
Again, as election season approaches, the current epoch of this Administration has almost completely lost its luster as more challenges, skepticism and political pushback has started to arise.
Developing . . .
Group fights city's decision to outsource KCPD billing for ambulance collections
KMBC - Councilman: Petition to block ambulance billing move