TKC EXCLUSIVE AND BREAKING NEWS!!! SHOULD WE PREPARE FOR THE KANSAS CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL ANTICLIMAX?!?!
Informed Kansas City residents know the score regarding the challenges facing public education . . .
- School Transfers Could Bankrupt The KCPS . . .
- The Plan To Dismantle The District Now Seems To Be On The Table . . .
- All Around Crappy Urban Core Life Makes The KCPS Everybody's Favorite Punching Bag . . . (Just don't ask Mayor Sly about his favorite development project on the other side of Troost)
But now think about this . . .
- Like it or not, KCPS did improve test scores this year . . .
- They are projected to improve scores again as soon as August . . .
- The Missouri General Assembly Session ALWAYS starts out with big talk and then ends with a whimper . . .
Therefore . . .
AT THE END OF THE SESSION DON'T BE SURPRISED IF NOTHING HAPPENS TO THE KCPS AND THEY EVEN GET CLOSER TO PROVISIONAL ACCREDITATION!!!
In this debate its important to distinguish saber rattling, posturing and big talk from any real legislative moves . . . Of which there are few.
In fact, a lot of the antipathy in this situation seems to go back to MO Education Commish Nicastro asking the board to resign and so many hurt feelings that immediately followed.
We'll revisit this post later and we've got a lot more on this topic but remember that TKC and KICK-ASS KANSAS CITY INSIDERS have been waiting on that Missouri jobs bill for 5 years and it's not out of line to think that a great deal of public education debate might all be for show . . .
Developing . . .