TKC BREAKING AND EXCLUSIVE NEWS!!! KANSAS CITY INSIDER REVEALS ONGOING EMT WORKER LAWSUIT AGAINST CITY HALL AS INEFFICIENT FIRE DEPARTMENT SPENDING SPIRALS OUT OF CONTROL!!!
By a long shot, one of the worst, most corrupt and politically motivated decisions in Kansas City history was to combine ambulance service with the outdated Fire Department. There's nothing on this planet that will prevent TKC from stating this fact of life time and time again.
To wit . . .
EXCLUSIVE AND KICK-ASS DOCUMENTATION REVEALS THE KANSAS CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL AND UNABLE TO TO EFFECTIVELY COMBINE AMBULANCE SERVICE INTO THEIR ORGANIZATION!!!
Response times, costs and overall effectiveness are taking a huge hit and contribute to an overall decline in the standard of local services according to this Kansas City Insider.
Unfortunately, without ambulance service there really is not much of a future for the KCFD despite the fact that it's more of an afterthought for the old school leadership department.
Moreover, given the highly political and mostly corrupt nature of this issue that relates to KCFD funding and pensions . . . Anybody who dares question the status quo regarding this topic will be met with threats about their house burning down or dying in a car crash while emergency services watches and drinks coffee . . . It's really easier to just move across the State Line than argue about vital city services.
But we don't do things the easy way here @ TKC . . . Because we're stupid.
Accordingly . . .
HERE'S MUST READ TESTIMONY REVEALING ONGOING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST KANSAS CITY ON BEHALF OF EMT WORKERS WHO STILL STRUGGLE UNDER THE KCFD!!!
Moreover . . .
FACTS AND FIGURES FROM THIS TESTIMONY REVEAL THE KCFD STILL UNABLE TO EFFECTIVELY INCORPORATE AMBULANCE SERVICE INTO THEIR ORGANIZATION!!!
KCFD EMT/PARAMEDIC LAWSUIT
Yesterday the attached motion for summary judgment was filed by the plaintiffs in the FLSA lawsuit against the city. This motion is being filed because the Plaintiffs feel confident that the depositions, answers to interrogatories, and admissions on file, together with the affidavits, show that there is no genuine issue as to any material fact and the moving party is entitled to a judgment as a matter of law, averting a full trial.
Kansas City taxpayers and your readers NEED to connect the dots, and start asking questions concerning the competency and fiduciary responsibility of the current administration.
1. KCFD continues to fail at meeting response time requirements, 3 years and 9 months after they took over. They are some of the worst in the nation, averaging in the 70th percentile.
2. The one and only solution that Chief Berardi is forcing, is to increase firefighter staffing on Fire Pumpers to include one that is trained as a Paramedic. There is no medical evidence showing ALS engines to be any better than BLS engines. It is an archaic, inefficient, costly service with absolutely no evidence based data to support it.
3. The City Manager has asked the Fire Department to cut $8 million from the 2014 budget.
4. Kansas City paid 42.1 percent more overtime pay in fiscal 2013 than it did in fiscal 2010. 86% of this was attributed to KCFD.
4. Yesterday the Union requested to put the fire sales tax renewal on the next ballot. The City Manager refused, pending a strategic plan.
Federal Court has a 21 day period in which the City may respond to this motion.
Now, for our more studious and dedicated legal eagle readers . . .
CHECK OUT THE DOCUMENT EXCLUSIVELY HERE @ TKC!!!
Developing . . .