MAYOR SLY JAMES HAPPY GO LUCKY STATE OF KANSAS CITY PREVIEW SPEECH!!!
Take a look at the preview edition of Mayor Sly's pep talk planned for Kansas City . . .
KCMO Mayor James: Many challenges ahead
Check the highlights mostly touting his eco-devo agenda . . .
"Among the accomplishments in 2013 that James highlighted include:
- Local companies Cerner and Ford both announcing plans to expand and add thousands of employees
- Adding a new grocery store at 39th and Prospect
- Getting started on the streetcar line which will connect the River Market to Union Station
- The development of the Twin Creeks Residential area in the Northland
- Kansas City being named in the top 20 as a place to raise children, open a business and vacation.
Yet, James admitted, it is hard to overlook the challenges ahead for the city.
"2014 is going to present some unique and interesting challenges to overcome," James said.
Those challenges include reducing a triple digit murder rate and getting thousands of illegal handguns off city streets.
This is funny . . .
CHECK OUT MAYOR SLY DIRECTLY CONTRADICTING TKC TALKING POINTS!!!
"We’re no longer a cow town. We are no longer a flyover destination," Mayor Sly James said. " To the contrary, we are the destination."
Of course, this blog community has been trumpeting these two FACTS for more than a minute. But it's worth it to see Mayor Sly put on a smile to address this town's lack of progress.