Top 5 New Tenants For The Halls Building On The Kansas City Country Club Plaza!!!
Sadly, the former glory of Kansas City's Country Club Plaza is now a thing of the past. Kansas City's premiere party district is mostly known for flash mobs and smash & grab robberies nowadays.
Like it or not, it seems the district is, in fact, headed the way of Bannister Mall.
But it's not all bad news . . .
CHECK THE TOP 5 NEW TENANTS FOR THE HALLS BUILDING ON THE KANSAS CITY COUNTRY CLUB PLAZA!!!
The greeting card giant jumped ship amid digital era decline and now filling the space is a top priority.
Obviously, this blog community would like to help . . .
Suggestions . . .
1. Community Center - No reason flash mobs should miss the colder months . . . And we might as well be honest about the non-profit direction of the local district.
2. Whole Foods??? A horrible rumor circulating that hints a granola future for the formerly posh destination . . . I wouldn't count on it BUT stranger things have happened . . . Like somebody shooting at the Mayor and getting away with it.
3. Toy Train Streetcar Depot - Sadly, this one isn't too far off base and the plan to bring the Toy Train to the Plaza should be the final signal that nobody in this town really cares about the East Side.
4. Sidewalk Performer/Panhandling Training Center - It's important to be realistic about the new economy.
5. Police Station - This might actually help . . . Other than flash mobs the Plaza is home to quite a bit of unreported crime, petty theft and robberies that don't make the news. Denizens of the district face a lot more danger than African-American kids who want some place safe to hangout . . . For years random crime around the district has been a fact of life while flash mobs get all the media attention.
Feel free to share more suggestions . . . Highwoods is going to need a lot of ideas as more merchants give up on the formerly great Kansas City entertainment district.
Developing . . .