THE TKC SATURDAY NIGHT PLAYLIST!!! CHECKING THE TOP 5 LIES OF THE MARYVILLE TEEN DATE RAPE HOT MESS!!!
This week Missouri is home to a shady she said/he said story wherein self-righteous indignation and politics dominate a discussion with little regard to the facts.
Here's a Saturday Night Fact Check of a Missouri date rape story that's mostly powered by hysterical emotion . . .
1. Hypocritical Rage Benefits The Victim - The young lady at the center of this deal doesn't remember much and while she gives a shout out to hackers . . . So much online rage in her defense really just represents the hysterical rantings of some who would rather engage in a bit of man-hating for sport rather than critically analyze the details of the story.
2. Belief In Video Evidence That Nobody Has Or Ever Will See - "Advocates" claim that video tape evidence proves the rape but all reporting of the video is 2nd or 3rd hand, un-sourced and undocumented. Fact is, the public will NEVER see any video evidence because of its indiscreet nature. So crusaders for this young lady are using an IMAGINARY OBJECT as the lynchpin of their argument.
3. Unconfirmed Accusations Of Bullying - No arrests or formal complaints for houses burning down or any other of the accusations simply referred to as "bullying" that "drove the family out of town" . . . The wording of these flimsy charges is important because it speaks to veracity of so many other complaints . . . The "bullying" might have been nothing more than a vehement disagreement with their rape allegations but mainstream media refuses to report the other side of this story.
4. Ignoring The Agenda Setting Function Of Mainstream Media - While locals are busy turning this mom and her daughter into celebrities, nobody cares about another Missouri girl whose body was dumped in a river. The fact is . . . Middle-class photogenic public personalities playing the media in all the right ways make for better content in a media circus.
5. We'll Still Deeply Care About This Controversy A Week From Now - After convicting someone in the media, the public usually moves on . . . For better or worse mainstream media consumers get bored quickly and the scant details of this sketchy story are already losing entertainment value.
Furthermore . . . In Kansas City it's common knowledge that murder and rape charges are dropped all the time . . . The rage over this case is simply based on racism, media manipulation and demographic prejudice.
TKC verdict tonight . . .
BEYOND NARRATIVE HYPERBOLE AND BIASED REPORTING: THE EVIDENCE PRESENTED TO THE PUBLIC IN THIS MARYVILLE, MISSOURI DATE RAPE CASE IS FLIMSY AT BEST AND THE CHARGES SHOULD HAVE BEEN DROPPED BECAUSE THEY'RE ONLY WORTHY OF A MEDIA CIRCUS!!!
Sadly, it's too fun to get mad and kinda scary to realize that victims of violence going without justice in KC Proper is a common occurrence.
And all of this has inspired tonight's playlist comprised completely of Miley Cyrus videos . . .
As always, thanks for reading and have a safe and fun Saturday Night . . .