DO KANSAS CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS DESERVE RETURN TO ACCREDITATION?!?
Leaders of Kansas City Public Schools promised this would be a slam dunk and a done deal . . . But the UNACCREDITED KCPS is still a fact of life . . .
Prepare for more disappointment as our long, civic nightmare continues . . .
- AP: Mo. State Board of Education could consider accreditation of Kansas City schools
- Dead Tree Touts Revenge Strategy: Lawsuit likely if state denies KC school district's bid for accreditation
- KMBC: KC schools on Mo. education board's agenda
That's the raw data, now let's look for a better perspective and what most mainstream media reports don't mention . . .
Consider the following . . .
- A leadership change among the KCPS is underway, three board members are leaving and that might change the reality of "hope for change" in the KCPS.
- Violence in The KCPS remains consistent and shamefully unreported - Just like our city - The KCPS problem with school violence remains a critical element in low test scores and overall school FAIL.
- The New Power On The School Board Took A Weed Charge That Nobody Likes To Discuss . . . On the bright side, this could mean that school lunches will have much better snacking options
Accordingly . . .
GIVEN SO MANY ONGOING PROBLEMS . . . DO YOU THINK KANSAS CITY'S PUBLIC SCHOOLS DESERVE A RETURN TO PARTIAL ACCREDITATION?!?!?
Only in Kansas City could the meager accomplishments of the district serve as proof of success . . . And the real story is that MANY PARENTS AND STUDENTS SIMPLY WANT TRANSFER OUT OF THE CURRENTLY UNACCREDITED DISTRICT because the constant hope for turnaround remains unfulfilled.
Developing . . .