Kansas City Hereford House Arson Aftermath
Just clearing out a few links . . .
But here's what I was thinking . . .
Has the restaurant biz in the city's center improved after the blaze and since the P&L District and the Sprint Center promised a "Renaissance" in downtown Kansas City?
Do the math . . . That's more than half-a-billion thrown the way of Downtown over the past ten years with a few nice crowds but everything inside the loop is mostly abandoned after 6 on most weekdays.
Most of you d-bags know of at least on restaurant owner who complains about the lack of biz growth despite such overwhelming city subsidy.
I'm thinking that a toy train or even a taxpayer subsidized convention hotel might not be the "missing piece" that would help clearly desperate small biz owners.
- Prison for Three In K C Landmark Arson Fire
- Rod Anderson sentenced to 15 years in prison for Hereford House fire
- Anderson gets 15 years in Hereford House arson
- The October 2008 fire destroyed the well-known restaurant at 20th and Main in Kansas City. Two years later, federal prosecutors charged the owner, Rodney Anderson, and two other men with the crime.
- The former owner of the Kansas City landmark restaurant Hereford House faced judgment day in court on Monday.
- Rod Anderson, 2 others sentenced in Hereford House arson