Kansas City Government Shutdown Top Five!!!
We're now in the midst of yet another government shutdown debate and here's an IMPORTANT REVIEW of Kansas City concerns on this regularly scheduled debate and a KICK-ASS TKC TOP FIVE GUIDE TO THE GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN . . .
1. The Government Never Really Shuts Down - So many government employees we've talked to often chuckle about this one . . . It's not really an inside joke but just a reality check that this game of chicken played out in the mass media means very little to people who actually work to keep the system running.
2. The Federal Government Is The #1 Employer In Kansas City - Anti-government arguments usually fall apart right here . . . And there's typically some jaw dropping when this fun fact is revealed to so-called Conservatives who don't really know how the economy works.
3. There's No Good GOP Candidate For Prez Senator Cruz Isn't Going To Cut It . . . Okay, this one's about Obamacare but it's related just for out of consideration for ridiculousness: President Cruz Fondly Recalls 21-Hour Speech That Started It All
4. Kansas City Tea Baggers Only Want To Shut Down "The Other Guy's" Government - The last remaining tea baggers (ew) have never come to terms with the reality that public education, virtually all healthcare, food safety and the very streets on which they protest are a product at least some government subsidy. And yes, even those beautiful highways leading out to the Conservative suburban promised land are bought and paid for by Uncle Sam. So-called "big government" only applies to benefits that somebody else receives.
5. Government Shutdown Usually Creates More Overtime Work!!! - Government keeps getting bigger under GOP and Democratic Party Control . . . Again, just a simple fact check to remind everybody that the two party system is a lie.
For these reasons and so many more . . . The impending government shutdown hasn't raised a lot of concern in Kansas City for people who know better . . .
More in a bit . . .