TOP FIVE REASONS SEXTING COUNCILMAN AND PASTOR BROOKS SHOULD RESIGN!!!
This week Councilman and Pastor Michael Brooks has become embroiled in a sordid sexting scandal with implications of blackmail and betrayal.
The reaction of Councilman Brooks has been an apology first and foremost to his colleagues and then just a few off the cuff remarks to his constituents that mostly focused on the surprise claim that a mystery woman asked for $60K from him along with double down support for a no-show event that cost Kansas City $15k.
And so . . .
HERE ARE THE TOP FIVE REASONS WHY KANSAS CITY SHOULD DEMAND A RESIGNATION FROM COUNCILMAN BROOKS!!!
5. Not As Much Charisma As Carlos Danger - At the very least, Anthony Weiner is interesting. Meanwhile, the skeezy tongue photo is the most expression I've ever seen from Councilman and Pastor Brooks. Throughout his term he mostly seems disinterested in just about everything having to do with his job.
4. Nobody Would Notice - Councilman Brooks hasn't championed any major legislation during his tenure. His accomplishments for his district have been zilch. Legislatively, Councilman Brooks wouldn't be missed.
3. The Presence Of The Pastor Erodes Faith In City Hall - The Council can't make an argument for reform or transparency or any kind of good government hype when they're in the company of disgraced politico Pastor Brooks. He is now the walking embodiment of arrogance, sleaze and the very worst Kansas City politics has to offer.
2. The Waiting Game Is Unacceptable - Once again Councilman Brooks is simply waiting for this to blow over. His stalling strategy hopes that Kansas City's disengaged electorate will forget the shameful actions he has already admitted and instead accept embarrassment from local government as a fact of life.
1. It Benefits NOBODY But Michael Brooks If He Remains On The Council - Who is Pastor Brooks helping by staying on the Council? Is the sexting, disgraced and suspicious Council Dude offering the best representation for his constituents? Don't the voters of the 5th District deserve better? By staying in office, Councilman Brooks fails to offer any remorse and seems disinterested in the plight of his district. He is now political poison and he has saddled the voters of his district with an ineffective, tarnished and ostracized politico in elected office to do nothing more than pick up a check for the remainder of his term.
And so . . .
IF MAYOR SLY OR CITY COUNCIL WERE REALLY INTERESTED IN GOOD GOVERNMENT THEY WOULD ACKNOWLEDGE THE ADMITTED "MISTAKE" BY COUNCILMAN BROOKS AND ASK FOR HIS RESIGNATION!!!
Anything less serves only the interest of the status quo and once again reveals that voters are the least concern in Kansas City.