THE TKC WEEKLY POWER RANKINGS!!!
Candice Swanepoel and her workout booty show us the real meaning of strength this week.
To wit . . . Take a look at these Kansas City power brokers . . .
THESE IS NO DENYING THAT MAYOR SLY AND HIS TEAM DANCED ALL OVER KANSAS CITY THIS ST. PATRICK'S DAY WEEK!!!
Take a look at Team Sly and their Irish moves . ..
1. Mayor Sly James - Major power plays in Local Control of the KCPD, The Streetcar and even parenting advice reveal that MAYOR SLY JAMES AND HIS TEAM RULE KANSAS CITY!!!
We don't know if this will lead to greater accountability but there is no question that he's in charge.
2. Mayor Pro Tem Cindy Circo - She's hanging out with other lady movers and shakers and clearly has a great deal of ambition for her next move.
3. Councilman John Sharp - Like it or not, probably the only Councilman who isn't taking marching orders from Mayor Sly.
4. MO Secretary of State Jason Kander - Steady and impressive job performance from Kansas City's favorite son - A move toward early voting was his latest accomplishment this week.
5. JoCo Congressman Kevin Yoder - Maybe the only politico in Kansas who won't be doomed to spending a career stuck in a corn field.
A THREE-WAY TIE FOR MOST POWERFUL KANSAS CITY NEWSIES THIS WEEK!!!
KCTV5 Anchor Brad Stephens and Newsman Photog Greg Milota along with Ryan Kath lead the Kansas City News Scene this week - We want to thank the KCTV5 News Team For So Much Community Outreach Reporting They've Been Doing. And KATH HAS BEEN MASTERFUL IN HIS JJ'S INFERNO AFTERMATH REPORTING!!! Certainly, these Kansas City journalism titans won't have a problem sharing the crown this week.
John Landsberg - Kansas City's Gold Standard For Media Reporting And Analysis.
DeAnn Smith is doing EPIC WORK behind the scenes and as long as we can still find the KCTV5 feed . . . She deserves acknowledgement.
John Long @ Camp KC - Kansas City's strongest advocate for the LGBT Community who rarely gets the recognition he deserves.
Mary Sanchez - It's important to have someone to disagree with . . .
KANSAS CITY DEFEATS
Sen. Kiki Curls - A major mistake in playing political games with KCPD salaries has set into motion yet another a tidal wave of negative sentiment against this her often criticized tenure.
Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders - Commuter rail was not to be in Eastern Jack . . . Opposition from Mayor Sly and big rail made it impractical and politically unfeasible.Transit advocates will give him credit for trying but in the end, this represents a setback for the County Executive.
Valiant Plaintiffs Against The Kansas City Toy Train Streetcar - They fought the good fight but the fix is in . . . It's important to know that a minor vote will cost HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS and chase away business. Any complaints will meet mostly with a political backlash and a great deal of apathy. This valiant crew did their best to warn Kansas City . . . And a great deal of people just didn't listen.
The Kansas City Chiefs - Once again we're getting a hint that not much is going to change for this beleaguered franchise.
Kansas City Fire Department - They passed gas . . . reform this week and a highly publicized change up kind of proves a great deal of criticism correct.
As always, this list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to local powerful people.