TKC BREAKING NEWS!!! LIVE FROM THE KANSAS CITY ANTI-VIOLENCE FORUM!!!
Here at MO House Rep. Brandon Ellington's forum . . . I got here late but didn't miss the litany of politicos making a speech to start the event.
Take a look:
Don't get me wrong but the crowd has already thinned out after the politicos left. . .
- Councilman John Sharp talked about ending the requirement for felony reporting as a requirement for City Hall employment.
- Council dude Sott Wagner spoke of ending Kansas City's reputation as a high-crime city.
- Councilman Brooks called for a return to faith and God.
Again most of the politicos are already gone . . . Now the crowd gets the mike.
- Gun buy back programs were talked down by Mayor Sly James.
- Racism and education now under discussion. Rural Missouri and "Teach For America" takes a hit.
- Q & A format is nice but no way they'll answer all the questions at this point.