THE TKC WEEKLY POWER RANKINGS!!!
Erin Stern is our model of strength for Kansas City tonight as we acknowledge local power players.
1. Kansas City Mayor Sly James - Our town's top elected official can move the crowd with his smile on the subject of gun control or toy trains. The consensus is that he won't have a challenger given that he's the most charismatic leader Kansas City has seen in a generation.
2. MO House Rep. John Rizzo - Leading the Missouri House Democrats during a tense session. We'll have more on his work in just a few moments but this is a bit of real recognition for one of Kansas City's best and brightest representatives.
3. Mayor Pro Tem Cindy Circo - Like it or not, this lady has some of Kansas City's most influential people concerned about her next move.
4. MO State Senator Jason Holsman - "Big Red" is certainly South Kansas City's best and brightest as he begins a promising political career advocating for an often neglected part of town.
5. Jackson County Legislator Theresa Garza Ruiz - Maybe a future Kansas City Council Lady, queen of the corridor and certainly a power player in local politics.
Tess K. - A thoughtful journalist and masterful storyteller when it comes to Kansas City real life.
Eric Chaloux - KCTV5's fearless investigator and sweeps champion with a Jackson County breathalyzer
Eric Wesson - Kansas City's strongest advocate for the urban core who held City Hall accountable for toy train disparity this week.
Steve Vockrodt - Kansas City Biz News Powerhouse and one of the smartest guys in the room for reals.
Dave Helling - Credit where it's due . . . I hope they can Kraske before a far more informed Kansas City multimedia journalist.
KANSAS CITY LOYAL OPPOSITION
SUE BURKE AND STRETCH - Downtown Biz Owners Standing On Principle, Dedicated To Upholding The Constitution And Fighting Taxation Without Representation Right Here In Kansas City, Missouri.
ALONZO WASHINGTON - A prolific and successful activist working against the status quo and toward more community cooperation with police.
TONI BONES - A young but energetic lady making a name for herself among local liberty enthusiasts.
KANSAS CITY PEACE PLANTERS - Anti-Nuke advocates with a powerful understanding of City Hall and paperwork. They're taking on the Nuke/Military Industrial Complex from right here in Kansas City.
CLAY CHASTAIN - Like it or not, he's our strongest transit activist and the only guy to ever win a citywide fixed rail transit election in Kansas City. He's currently taking City Hall to the Missouri Supreme Court and talking about a comprehensive recall against Mayor & Council.
As always, this list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to local powerful people.