KANSAS CITY STREETCAR PART DEUX!!!
The Kansas City Toy Train line will keep growing by way of rigged votes . . .
Kansas City rolls out RFP for streetcar’s second phase
Proposed second lines . . .
• Independence Avenue, from Main Street to an “appropriate eastern terminus.”
• 12th Street, from Main both east and west.
• 18th Street, from Main east.
• Main, from Pershing Road to the University of Missouri-Kansas City’s Volker Campus.
• Southwest Boulevard, from Main to State Line Road.
• 31st Street, from Main east.
Sadly, there's really no guarantee that these toy trains are going to help Kansas City grow, attract new biz or even help transit issues . . . What we know for sure is that this effort is siphoning cash from bus service and breaking this town's budget for a development plan that's almost completely unproven.