THE TKC SATURDAY NIGHT PLAYLIST AND KANSAS CITY'S WINTER OF DISCONTENT!!!
It is both our privilege and our cross to bear that this blog community is the epicenter of Kansas City hateration.
However, all of this has given us a unique insight that we want/need to share.
To wit . . .
TONIGHT WE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS IS "KANSAS CITY'S WINTER OF DISCONTENT" AND WE LIST THE TOP 6 TOPICS ANGERING THIS COWTOWN!!!
6. The Legacy Of "Tin Cup Urbanism" Has Failed But Our Elected Leaders Remain Obsessed With Selling The Voting Public Expensive New Toys And Pet Projects . . .
Seriously, the last thing this town needs is a "toy train" or a new hotel to eat up local cash.
5. Frustration Over The Ongoing Sorry State Of Kansas City Public Schools Continually Angers This Town!!!
The Missouri House Session could be interesting, disappointing or both.
4. YEAH, WE STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT $15K AND WE'RE NOT LETTING THIS ONE GO!!!
3. Fanboys And Corporate Media Want To Focus Attention On The Chiefs, Royals And Other Happy Fun Time Sporting Events But Would Still Prefer Life Without Criticism
Enjoy the distraction, keep eating, just don't ask any critical questions about market share.
2. THE BOW TIE COULD BE KANSAS CITY'S UNOFFICIAL SYMBOL OF FAIL!!!
C'mon, for as cynical as this blog is . . . I still have hope we can do better than a fashion statement and a smile. Even on our second try.
1. Is Anybody Going To Develop A Comprehensive Plan To Fight Crime That The Incorporates The Community?!?!
Or are we just going to repeat the same cycle of bureaucratic excuses without any accountability? The rate of homicide in Kansas City is the most important challenge facing this community and more than a few locals are concerned that we aren't really addressing the situation properly.
And these questions lead us into the chilly late night . . .
Slick roads possible Saturday night
Greater Kansas City Winter Advisory and Hazardous Weather Outlook
On The Snow Watch
Also, here's tonight's playlist for those who share our love of music and technology . . .
As always, thank you for reading this week and have a safe and fun Saturday Night . . .