CELEBRATE JANUARY HOT TEA MONTH IN KANSAS CITY TOP 5 TEA HOUSES!!!
January is hot tea month according to the Internets.
To wit . . .
CHECK THE TOP 5 KANSAS CITY TEA HOUSES FOR JANUARY HOT TEA CELEBRATION!!!
For the record, tea isn't really my bag (har) despite the fact that THE TKC BLOG COMMUNITY WAS A MAJOR PART OF THE MOVEMENT THAT DEFEATED THE TEA PARTY IN KANSAS CITY!!!
The nasty tea-bagging metaphor really took the steam out of angry reactionaries with conflicted (and contradictory) worldviews regarding government spending.
Also I was really just looking for an excuse to post my favorite photo of Sophie Reade.
Anyhoo . . . Check the list of the best Kansas City Tea places according to scientific TKC Market research data . . .
1. Tea Drops Tea Room In Westport - Because paying to watch hipsters with bad piercings @ $10 a cup is a Kansas City privilege.
2. The Teahouse & Coffeepot In West Plaza - A great hidden place in a local enclave a short walk from Country Club privilege.
3. André's Tea Room - I hear this place is nice. But then again, I make it a habit never to disagree with middle-class white women in their 60s.
4. Memories On Main Street Tea Room & Cafe in Downtown Blue Springs - Because Eastern Jack needs to pretend to have class as well.
5. Shang Tea @ Crown Center - Getting back to the roots of hot tea, a bit of a cultural excursion and probably the best place for home tea supply. To be fair with TKC insults - The place also provides some nice ideas for the soundtrack of the next Kung Fu movie that'll be produced in the metro.
And speaking of beverages . . . All of this brings to mind the legacy of KC Tea pioneered by Tech N9ne.
Tech N9ne "KC Tea" Official Music Video
Enjoy, and no matter what the beverage . . . Drink responsibly.