THE TKC WEEKLY POWER RANKINGS!!!
Jordan Carver inspires this post-election list of Kansas City's strongest players and trends . . . Take a peek:
1. Shawnee Mayor Jeff Meyers and calling foul on himself for taking up a parking sport reserved for the physically challenged was a strong move to start the holiday season of empty gestures.
2. Mayor Sly - Get ready for more than month of Kansas City's top elected official playing Santa.
3. MO Secretary Of State Elect Jason Kander - He seems to be focused on a few priorities during his Kansas City victory march this week - And that's a powerful sign of his commitment.
4. MO State Senator Jolie Justus - He's a Missouri State Senator and leading lady of a Super-minority that isn't really important given that the GOP is veto proof. Still, she's soon to be anointed our 4th District Council Lady after a few years of smiling at local meetings.
5. Pastor Brooks - In the archives his supporters are pouting but fail to realize that this 5th District Council dude hasn't been very productive during his tenure and TKC TIPSTERS KNOW as much AND WE HAVE THE FACTS TO BACK IT UP . . . TOO BAD THIS MAN OF GOD HASN'T SHOWN BETTER JUDGEMENT IN HIS POLITICS!!!
Ryan Kath - Earned another strong week with his reporting according to Bottom Line Communications.
Jiao Jiao Shen - One of our new morning newscast faves.
KCUR Local News - Notice we've been linking them more? Really great local reporting without the authoritative corporate pose that Star newsies like to show everybody.
Dos Mundos - Check out this former TKC employer for a lot of great photos and info regarding this town's Latino Community.
Darla Jaye - The only Conservative in Kansas City still standing tall following the election.
KANSAS CITY SCHEMES
1. The KC Strip - Still a horrible failure and a great example of why "mass transit" focused on development or biz creation is a bad idea.
2. The Downtown Toy Train - See the above and then just add $100 million to the cost.
3. Gentrification - A great deal of crime has put a stop to so many interlopers hoping to flip houses no matter the damage to surrounding communities.
4. The Downtown Convention Hotel - Mayor Sly keeps dropping hints about a project that Kansas City taxpayers can't afford.
5. Cowtown Tech - There's a lot of tech hype in this town as of late. Some of it is useful but most of it is nothing more than a digital ponzi scheme. Decide for yourself.
As always, this list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to local powerful people.