THE TKC WEEKLY POWER RANKINGS!!!
Jordan Carver helps us rank Kansas City's top power players and trends this week.
Take a look . . .
1. Kansas City, Missouri Council - They beat up on public works this week to show their power after public outcry against City Hall incompetence.
2. Jackson County Legislator Crystal Williams - She's still talking trash without realizing this town is very small and word gets around.
3. Jonathan Dine - Missouri Senate Candidate - The man who may hold the balance of power in Missouri and the nation in his hand.
4. Judy Morgan - Our next Kansas City Midtown Mo House Rep.
5. Sen. Claire McCaskill - Expanding her lead and on the attack.
Northeast News - Along with AWESOME TKC TIPSTERS . . . Publisher Michael Bushnell pushed for a stop to silly urban core stoplight removal in Kansas City.
Mark Alford - One of our strongest morning anchors getting more involved in the community but still having a good time keeping Kansas City in the loop to start out the day.
Ryan Kath - They call him Russ Ptacek 2.0 but he really has his own style and method for investigating Kansas City.
EJ Becker - Our favorite morning talker who keeps things light but still informative.
Hey Cameraman - Kansas City's digital news gathering guide.
JACKSON COUNTY INFLUENCE
Victor Callahan - The local politico, his war chest and Union support that will determine who stays and who goes . . .
The Layoffs That Didn't Happen - More than a few people are gone and Kansas City mainstream media accepts spin that their layoffs were avoided.
Girl Power - The philosophy that has only created division among Legislators.
Eastern Jack - The enclave that inspires fear.
KC Star Full Employment Effort - Ever notice that former Kansas City Star employees and their kin have a way of turning up on the payroll???
As always, this list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to local powerful people.