THE TKC WEEKLY POWER RANKINGS!!!
Terri Turner adorns this important collection of Kansas City power players . . . Let's rank the strongest of the week in this cowtown:
1. MO House Rep. Jason Kander - His campaign started turning up the heat on the opposition and we like the more aggressive look from Kansas City's most favored elected official.
2. Mayor Sly James - He increased hours for a couple of community centers this week and the city cheered him.
3. Gov. Jay Nixon - He's up by close to 20 points and still doesn't want to help Missouri Democrats or even mention the name of President Obama - That's a rather powerful reprisal.
4. Claire McCaskill - Remember when people wanted to think Akin still had a chance? Neither do I.
5. MO House Candidate Jeremy LaFaver - This politico actually has a long record of doing work and lobbying for children but for some reason he has been name checked rather often as of late. Maybe his impending Corridor win could be the reason.
Darla Jaye - The Queen of Kansas City Conservative talk radio is also one of the most entertaining voices from the right in this town.
Kris Ketz - A twitter friend and the leader of local newsies using tech.
Bottom Line Communications - Kansas City's media referee.
Mary Sanchez - Credit where it's due . . . Our favorite Latina token managed to stir public opinion this week.
Northeast News - Kansas City's Urban Core Community Reporting powerhouse.
KANSAS CITY PUSH BACK
Occupy Sesame Street - Kansas City Blogger Leigh Ann is doing rather excellent work in order to push back against the possible firing of Big Bird.
Kansas City Star Haterz - Notice a gread deal of push back against the so-called paper of record and The Star is now on the hook for PC decisions and one-sided coverage despite their Dead Tree journalism pretension.
Baby Lisa Doubters - Local media denizens join with police in putting the tough questions back on the mom who won't talk.
Kansas City Pro-Sports Realists - The Wall Street Journal leads a movement of people who realize the historic failure of Kansas City teams doesn't look to change any time soon.
The TKC Roasterie Boycott - We've got some delicious surprises in store and already we're happy to see that we've changed the company's branding. Given that they're now playing mini-mogul instead of pretending to be the little guy.
As always, this list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to local powerful people.