TKC BREAKING NEWS!!! DEAD TREE DEMOCRACY: KANSAS CITY DOWNTOWN TOY TRAIN ADVOCATES REMIND US THE DEADLINE FOR MAIL-IN VOTE IS OCT. 2ND!!!
As our American Democracy withers because of corruption and the fact that Honey Boo Boo is far more captivating than politics to pathologically apathetic voters . . . It's still important to remember the Kansas City Toy Train Streetcar election that's worth hundreds of millions and will be decided by only a few people in a gerrymandered district.
To wit . . .
DOWNTOWN TOY TRAIN ADVOCATE WANT TO REMIND US THAT THE DEADLINE OF APPLY FOR A BALLOT FOR THE DOWNTOWN STREETCAR TDD ELECTION IS OCTOBER 2ND!!!
Sadly, under Mayor Sly's leadership everybody is soooooo happy that Kansas City has stopped voting or really caring about our elections.
Click here for the notice of election that's keeping it all legal.
After the jump, take a look at the qualifications for voters in the district that stop just short of a blood sample and a letter from the Queen.
In order to vote in this mail-in election, you must
• Reside within the boundary of the District
• Apply for a ballot
• Be a registered voter at the time you apply for a ballot
• Provide proof of voter registration at the time you apply for a ballot as discussed below
• Return the application for a ballot no later than 5:00 p.m. on October 2, 2012
Applications for a ballot are available as follows:
• Download from http://www.16thcircuit.org/streetcar (internet access required), or
• Pick up at the Jackson County Courthouse, 415 East 12th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64106, Third Floor, Room 303, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except legal holidays
You will not receive a ballot unless
• you submit a valid application in accordance with the instructions on the application, and
• your application is received by the Circuit Court Administrator’s office before 5:00 p.m. on October 2, 2012
Ballots will be mailed on October 30, 2012, only to those who have timely and validly applied for a ballot. Ballots will be due for return no later than 5 p.m. on December 11, 2012 in accordance with instructions on the ballot.
You must include proof of voter registration from the election authority when returning the application.