THE TKC WEEKLY POWER RANKINGS!!!
Fitness Model Pauline Nordin inspires this collection and ranking of Kansas City Power Players during an important week . . . Take a look . . .
1. Sen. Claire McCaskill - She won her first debate today or at least her elite and rather powerful campaign put the word out and provided pressers to prove as much this afternoon.
2. Mayor Sly James - Despite behind the scenes complaints. His construction presser was well received and his sway among the media that nixes most critical questions is the strongest a local Mayor has seen in years.
3. Jackson County Legislator Dan Tarwater - Another Eastern Jack contender to replace County Exec. Mike Sanders.
4. Mayor Pro Tem Cindy Circo - She's leading the push for a Downtown Kansas City Hotel and still continues to remind people of her high ranking title.
5. City Council Dude Scott Taylor - For a presser that was attended by NO MEDIA OTHER THAN CHANNEL 2 he has alienated a great many among City Staff with a rather strong crackdown on their working life that most regard as micro-managing.
Bob Fescoe - The EPIC rant of this sports newsie agianst The Kansas City Chiefs created a stir throughout the sports world.
Ivan Foley - A STRONG Northland News force.
John Landsberg - Kansas City's Media referee who often is forced to make a great many difficult calls.
Ramsey Mohsen - A regular on TV and one of this town's top tech dudes.
Kris Ketz - The most tech savvy anchor in Kansas City.
KANSAS CITY POLITICAL ELITE
Dan Cofran - This Citizens Association leader inspires strong feelings and his effort to earn sponsorship for the group is a move that has drawn some powerful objections.
Herb Kohn - The most politically connected lawyer in Kansas City who showed some muscle this week by making Sprint Center assurances regarding an upcoming new owner who may or may not live up to an already existing contract.
Will Royster - Don't count out this Kansas City Northeast politico who seems to remain involved in his neighborhood.
Aggie Stackhaus - Your favorite Kansas City political lady is already making alliances for the next election.
CCO - Probably the strongest progressive group in Midtown Kansas City.
As always, this list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to local powerful people.