THE TKC WEEKLY POWER RANKINGS!!!
Jordan Carver is probably the strongest hottie model out there right now when all is said and done . . . Accordingly . . . Check out Kansas City Power Player Standings at the conclusion of the work week.
1. Clay Chastain - Given that NOBODY votes in Kansas City Proper. This out-of-towner who calls Kansas City his home participates in our Democracy despite constant criticism. This week he stood up for the Citizen Initiative Process and helped make the fight public.
2. Mayor Sly James - He's still enjoying the Summer and everyone loves his beautiful smile.
3. Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders - People love calls for fiscal responsibility but embarrassing BILLIONAIRE sports franchise owners has a definite downside. It's a strong move as everybody wonders what this political dude is going to do with his career.
4. Council Dude Jermaine Reed - We hear he's trying to mend fences, learning to tone down his swagger and maturing as a member of the City Council. Councilman Reed always draws fire from critics but most agree that he has the potential to have an incredible political career in his future.
5. Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill - She was raising money all over Kansas City this week and looks confident while making her competition seem like a cornflake with the help of extremely friendly mainstream media homies.
Mark Morris - The Kansas City Star Reporter is a CLASS ACT. I've always contended that objective reporting is a myth but this week journalist Mark Morris proved that relying on facts and providing objective writing is not only achievable but something that comes from a well-developed skill set.
John Landsberg - This Kansas City Media insider is the go-to source for all things related to local newsie moves.
DeAnn Smith - Ever wonder how KCTV5 gets all those great and sometimes graphic details from their story? DeAnn Smith is a big reason why so many stories are put on blast at this station.
Hey Cameraman & Kris Ketz - A tie among the best news guys around!!!
KANSAS CITY WEATHER DUDE GARY LEZAK EARNS A SPECIAL MENTION FOR A KSHB SOCIAL MEDIA POWER PLAY THAT CAPITALIZED ON HIS HEAVY METAL PROWESS!!!
And then . . .
REASONS PEOPLE GIVE FOR NOT LIKING KANSAS CITY COUNCIL DUDE RUSS JOHNSON
Too Smart For His Own Good - It's not helpful when so many of his constituents refer to his genius with a hefty helping of sarcasm.
He's Known And Derided As The Main Engineer Of The Downtown Toy Train - From people who don't like the streetcar idea . . . Council Dude Johnson serves as an easy target.
It's Hard To Unify Kansas City's Northland With The Other/Better Side Of The River - Did you know Council Dude's Johnson District comes across the river now? Sorta. However, crossing the divide between the Northland and the rest of the city has always been a stumbling point . . . Even for politicos far more charismatic than Council Dude Johnson.
Not Everything Is An Emergency - Council Dude Johnson loves the "emergency" clause for City Council Ordinances and he uses it quite a bit. This tactic is now drawing even more fire nowadays from City Hall watchers.
Like it or not, he's a logical choice for a Northland contender to Mayor Sly James - They say he's not running and he really wants to be a normal dude. Good luck. As the Northland wins population over the decaying side of the river, Kansas City's voting power is changing hands and logic dictates that Council Dude Johnson lead a divisive fight against Mayor Sly. Sadly, Council Dude Johnson knows that everybody in Kansas City hates logic.
As always, this list has been compiled according to scientific TKC polling and market research data and it's a weekly comprehensive guide to local powerful people.