TKC EXCLUSIVE!!! NEW KCFD HIRING UPSETS MANY BUDGET CONSCIOUS RESIDENTS!!!
Amid Kansas City budget problems and the ongoing MAST pension mess that has yet to be resolved . . . A GREAT MANY KANSAS CITY RESIDENTS AREN'T TOO ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT NEW KCFD HIRING!!!
One AWESOME TKC TIPSTER calls it: "UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!"
While another KICK-ASS TKC TIPSTER note: "The City says that don't have the money for a lot of basic services, but they can find the money to let the KCFD hire."
The photo of this sign was taken around Eastwood Trafficway. Here are the details:
The Kansas City, Missouri Fire Department will begin accepting applications for the position of firefighter on January 9, 2011.
Starting Salary: $2,610/month
Application Deadline Date: March 4, 2011
For you to be included in the 2011 hiring process, your employment application must be submitted between January 9, 2011 and March 4, 2011 at 5:00 P.M.
The minimum eligibility requirements for your application to be accepted are:
* You must be a resident of Kansas City, Missouri at the time of application.
* You must be 19 years of age by March 4, 2011.
* You must not have turned 30 years of age prior to March 4, 2011.
* You must be a high school graduate (or possess a state-issued GED).
* You must possess a valid Missouri driver’s license showing your current address.
Only hard copy applications will be accepted. Applications will need to be submitted at KCMO City Hall, Human Resource Departments, 414 E 12th street, 12th floor.
More information, call 816-784-9999
Again, it's good work if you can get it despite pensions in flux and a tumultuous Kansas City political climate.